Good news! We have extended the deadline to submit your completed paper by July 14.
For further information, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The remaining dates remain as they appear on the site.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com
IV Inovagri International Meeting
III Brazilian Salinity Symposium
XXVI National Congress of Irrigation and Drainage – CONIRD
* For submission of articles, the author should do the pre-registration, getting the login and password to access the online submission system.
* Submission of abstracts must be online after logging in, clicking the tab PAPERS;
* The official language is Portuguese, however we encourage authors to submit and present papers written in English. These will have preference in the publications of specialized magazines and awards, as the Evaluation Committee will be formed by most foreign speakers. However, this is a binational event, so papers in Portuguese will be also accepted;
* Best papers will be published in IRRIGA and RBAI journals;
* The papers submitted to this event are not supposed to be submitted for publication to another body and not have been previously published;
* Initially must be submitted a summary of the article, with a maximum of 300 words;
* The abstract must be submitted in WORD [*.doc] or [*.docx] format;
* Abstracts will NOT be accepted out of the standards;
* The summary written in Portuguese should consist of: Title, Authors, Abstract and Keywords, Title, Abstract and Keywords. Summary written in English should consist of: Title, Authors, Abstract, Keywords, Title, Abstract and Keywords. Specifications of all authors should be inserted as a footer: professional qualification, occupation, place of work, and email.
* See the model of abstract here.
* Each summary will contain a maximum of 6 authors. The order of the authors in the article (final version) should be the same order of authors in the abstract;
Up to THREE summaries can be entered by first author, there is no limit to participation as co-author;
* Abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee of the INOVAGRI International Meeting and after evaluation, the Letter of Acceptance will be sent to the registered email upon registration regarding to the article;
* The Letter of Acceptance will be identified by a protocol number, by presentation model (oral or poster) and will inform if the paper was approved or not. If yes, it will be published in the proceedings of the event;
* The full paper (6-10 pages) must be uploaded to the system must be heeded all the corrections suggested by the Scientific Committee;
* The presenter will be the author or co-author of the article. The presenter may only present a maximum of three papers;
* The articles will be selected and presented as follows:
a) Oral or Poster Presentation (as programming);
b) by CATEGORIES: Water resources, Irrigation Management, Post-harvest Physiology and Salinity and Irrigation Engineering, noting that the articles in English will have preference in choice.
* The author must send the finished paper until July 14 2017;
* The item will only be included in the official program and published in the proceedings of the event after confirmation of payment of the registration. The deadline of the payment of the presenter is: July 14 2017;
* IRRIGA and RBAI journals will publicize on August 31th the list of the chosen articles to be included in a special edition of each journal.
* The research papers submitted to the event will be presented in poster form. Model Poster (HERE)
* The “IRRIGA” Magazine will publish a special issue with selected pappers for this event;
|Abstract Submissions||Until May 28 2017|
|Sending the Acceptance Letters||Until June 09 2017|
|Payment of Registration (with discount)||Until June 12 2017|
|Submission of FULL PAPER for confirmation to the proceedings of the event. Registration payment is mandatory.||Until July 14 2017|
Below the information for BANK DEPOSIT or TRANSFERENCE:
BANK: Banco do Brasil
Account: 7580-9, in the name of Instituto de Pesquisa e Inovação na Agricultura Irrigada – INOVAGRI;
OBS: For this option of payment (deposit or transference) the proof must be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
The Cancellation of the Registration may be done within 45 calendar days before the start of the event, by deduction of 10% of the total value.
After this time and up to 30 calendar days before the start of the event, the replacement of the participant is allowed since it is requested by email email@example.com by the responsible for the registration, containing full details of the substitute. In case of failure to attend the event, no refund will be made.
- Until 45 days before the event: 90% refund of the amount paid.
- Until 30 days before the event: 80% refund of the amount paid.
-Up To 15 days before the event: 50% refund of the amount paid.
- Less than 15 days prior to event: no refund of amounts paid.
* The research papers submitted to the event will be presented as poster form.
* The composition of the texts, necessarily, must comply with the following guidelines:
- Processor: MS Word 6.0 or latest
- Paper size: A4 (21.0 x 29.7 cm)
- Line Spacing: Single
- Font: Times New Roman, font 11
- Paragraph: 1.0 cm
- Margins: top and left = 3.0cm, bottom and right = 2.0 cm
- The papers may be of a scientific paper or technical article.
a) Scientific Article: refers to original research report
1. Text must include items, always highlighted in capital letters, in bold, no paragraphs, no numbered and leaving spaces 2 (twice ENTER) after the previous item and 1 space (once ENTER) to start the text, in the following order :
- For article in Portuguese or Spanish: title (Portuguese or Spanish), name of authors, summary, keywords, title (English).
- For article in English: Title (English), name of authors, title (Portuguese), summary and keywords.
TITLE: Centralized, must be clear and concise, allowing quick identification of the content of the paper. An index number superscript, as footnote, following the title for possible explanation in the case of paper presented in congress, extracted from dissertation or thesis, or to indicate the funding institute of research. Being in capital letters and with 90 touches.
AUTHORS: must appear below with a space from the title (once ENTER), centered with the initials of the first names followed by last names in full, accepting up to six authors and their index numbers, in a footnote that allows to identify the authors like this:
- For the registered author: professional qualification, occupation, place of work and address, as follows: 1Pesquisador, Embrapa Mid-North, PO Box 01, CEP 64006-220, Teresina, PI. Phone (86) 22511141. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For other authors: professional qualification, occupation and place of work, as follows: 2Prof. PhD, Department of Agricultural Engineering, UFCG, Campina Grande, PB.
ABSTRACT: The text must begin in the same line item, be clear, succinct and mandatorily explain goal(s) justifying its importance (not including references), the main adopted procedures, the most significant results and conclusions, containing a maximum of 14 lines. Must appear below the KEYWORDS (3 at most, trying to not repeat word from the title) written in lowercase. A full version of the summary for English, must show the following provision: TITLE, SUMMARY AND KEYWORDS.
INTRODUCTION: avoid ramblings, using bibliography appropriated to formulate the problems addressed and the justification of the importance of the subject, making it very clear which goal(s) of the work, using up to 40 lines.
MATERIAL AND METHODS: Depending on the nature of the work, a characterization of the experimental area must be inserted, making clear the conditions under which the survey was conducted. When the methods are usually used, only the bibliographic reference will be enough, otherwise it is necessary to provide a description of the used procedures, promoted adaptations, etc. Units of measure and symbols must follow the International System.
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION: Illustrations and graphics must be presented with a width of 8 cm or 16 cm, tables with Times New Roman font, single spaced and font 9, cited in the text position and placed at the end of the article, black and white, numbered in consecutive Arabic numerals. Avoid extensive tables and superfluous data, privileging average data. Adjust its size to the usable space of the paper and place, as far as possible, only continuous horizontal lines; their captions should be concise and self-explanatory; photographs must preferably be blank and black. In the discussion, compare the data with those presented in literature.
CONCLUSIONS: These must be based exclusively on the results of the work. Avoid repetition of results in subsequent listing, searching, surely, confront what was obtained with the goals initially set.
THANKS: insert them, if necessary, after the conclusions, succinctly.
REFERENCES: These must include only those mentioned in the text and tables, graphs or illustrations, appearing in alphabetical order and in capital letters. Avoid abstracts quotes, unpublished data and personal communication. References in the text must also be followed by date: Souza & Silva (1999), or (Souza & Silva, 1999), other references exist (s) even if (s) of author (s) in the same year (other publications), it will be identified with lower case letters (a, b, c) after the year of publication: Souza & Silva (1999a). When there are three or more authors, in the text will be quoted only the first author followed by et al., But in the final bibliography listing other names may also appear. In quote of quote, identify the work directly consulted, the author and / or the cited work must be indicated this way: Silva (1999) cited by Person (2002). Here are some examples below:
- Magazines / Periodicals:
ANDRADE JÚNIOR, A.A.; RODRIGUES, B.N.H.; ATHAYDE SOBRINHO, C. Produtividade e qualidade de frutos de melancia em função de diferentes níveis de irrigação. Horticultura Brasileira, V.15, n.1, p. 43-46, 1997.
VIEIRA, Cássio Leite; LOPES, Marcelo. A queda do cometa. Neo Interativa, rio de Janeiro, nº 2, inverno 1994. 1 CD-ROM.
SILVA, M. M. L., Crimes da era digital. Net, Rio de Janeiro, nov. 1998. Seção Ponto de Vista. disponível em: http://www.brazilnet.com.br/contexts/brasilrevistas.htm. Acesso em: 28 nov. 1998.
BERNARDO, S. Manual de Irrigação. 6. ed. Viçosa: UFV, Imprensa Universitária, 2002. 656p.
- Book chapters or similar works:
FERREIRA, P. A.; MARTINEZ, M.A. Movimento e modelagem de sais no solo. In: GHEYI, H.R.; QUEIROZ, J.E.; MEDEIROS, J.F. de (Ed.). Manejo e controle da salinidade na agricultura irrigada. Campina Grande: UFPB, 1997. p. 171-206.
- Proceedings of conferences, symposiums and scientific or technical meetings:
COELHO, E.F.; SANTOS, M.R.; COELHO FILHO, M.A. Distribuição de raízes do mamoeiro sob três frequências de irrigação por gotejamento. In: CONGRESSO NACIONAL DE IRRIGAÇÃO E DRENAGEM, 13, Juazeiro. Anais… Viçosa: ABID, 2003. 2003. (CD-ROM).
SILVA, R.N., OLIVEIRA, R. Os limites pedagógicos do paradigma da qualidade total na educação. In: CONGRESSO DE INICIAÇÃO CIENTÍFICA DA UFPe, 4., 1996, Recife. Anais eletrônicos… Recife: UFPe, 1996. Disponível em: http://www.propesq.ufpe.br/anais/anais/educ/ce04.htm. Acesso em 21 jan. 1997.
- Monographs, dissertations and theses:
SOUSA, V.F. de. Frequência de aplicação de N e K via irrigação por gotejamento no meloeiro (Cucumis melo L.), cv. Eldorado 300 em solo de textura arenosa. Botucatu, 1993. 131p. Dissertação (Mestrado em Agronomia) – Faculdade de Ciências Agrárias, UNESP.
- Órgãos Públicos, Instituições, Associações:
EMBRAPA. Recomendações de adubação e calagem para o Estado do Rio Grande do Sul e Santa Catarina. Passo Fundo: Comissão de Fertilidade do Solo da Sociedade Brasileira de Ciência do Solo, Núcleo Regional Sul, 1989. 128p.
MINISTÉRIO DA AGRICULTURA. Levantamento de reconhecimento de solos do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul. Recife: Departamento Nacional de Pesquisa Agropecuária, Divisão de Pesquisa Pedológica, 1973. 431p. (Boletim Técnico, 30).
EMBRAPA. Critérios para distinção de classes de solos e de fases de unidades de mapeamento. Normas em uso pelo SNLCS. Rio de Janeiro: Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária, 1988. 67p. (Documentos, 11).
Equations: All equations that are part of the text must be analyzed with paragraph and numbered as follows:
y = ax + b (1)
y - velocity, m s-1
a - angular coefficient…
b) Technical Article: It must be written in technical language for easy comprehension, about issues of interest to the Irrigation, Drainage and Mining, by the author(s) who demonstrate high experience on the subject, allowing guidance for different users of Irrigation, Drainage and Mining. It’s only justified submitting articles to different users of Irrigatio, Drainage and Mining. It’s only justified submitting articles that bring contribution to the subject and not just personal cases or restricted interest. With a larger style than in scientific papers, the technical articles must, in most cases, include the following items: Title, Author (s), Summary, Keywords, Introduction, description of the subject, Conclusions and References. To write such items, it must be followed the same guidelines for typesetting scientific articles, with the following features:
- Header: the TECHNICAL ARTICLE words must come at the header of the first page, in capital letters, underlined, in bold, centered and spaced 1.3 cm from the top edge.
- Introduction: it must contain a brief history, explaining the importance, the status of the subject relying on literature review and clarify the purpose of the article.
- Description of Subject: with different titles that can be divided into sub-items, the subject must be discussed, pointing to the theoretical, bringing experiences and recommendations, discussing and criticizing situations, based on the maximum bibliography and technical standards about the subject.
- Conclusions: only are justified, articles that have clear and concise conclusions, consistent with the set goal(s). They must not be a simple restatement of other paragraphs of the article.
Esta postagem também está disponível em: Portuguese (Brazil)